My Top-5 Artificial Intelligences
As part of the OWS CyCon events I’ve teamed up with the Science Fiction genre authors to bring you some amazing blog posts. I’m bringing you my top five Artificial Intelligences, as part of a series of Top-5s from the genre.
Here's My Countdown...
- Origins: Hitchhiker’s Guide To The Galaxy
- Sources: Book/TV/Radio/Movie
- Reason for Inclusion: For calculating “The Ultimage Answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything” but not being able to provide the question!
The Red Queen
- Origins: Resident Evil
- Sources: Movie Series
- Reason for Inclusion: For being down-right scary, despite having the appearance of a little girl.
- Origins: Star Trek: The Next Generation
- Sources: TV/Movie
- Reason for Inclusion: The ultimate modern-day Pinocchio, who never fails to entertain, and provoke thought. This inclusion MIGHT be considered a cheat, but he has an adaptability that makes him more than just a robot.
- Origins: 2001, 2010, 2061, 3001
- Sources: Book/Movie
- Reason for Inclusion: What happens when a computer is given contradictory directives? I sometimes wonder just how much of the trouble was caused my conflicting mission priorities.
- Origins: Red Dward
- Sources: TV
- Reason for Inclusion: Regardless of the actor playing the part, Holly was fallible, prone to errors of judgement, but often funnier than the other members of the crew.
- Origins: Evaline Transcendent
- Sources: Book
- Reason for Inclusion: It’d be rude not to include my own creation. The decisions Evaline makes might just save, or doom, her precious cargo of colonists. Will she make the right choices?
Evaline is the shipboard computer on the Miranda Two, a colony ship destined for the planet Karman-III-Delta. She is possibly Earth’s last hope of establishing a working off-world colony. However, her predecessor stopped reporting home, so now she and the colonists must establish what happened to the previous colony.
The Miranda Two has been traveling for twenty years, and now it’s time for Evaline to wake the crew and colonists in preparation or arrival at their destination. Can Evaline and the crew figure out what happened to the Miranda One expedition, and what price will they have to pay for the answers?
How To Join The OWS CyCon Events
OWS CyCon officially runs May 17-19 with the CyCon website and Facebook events acting as the hub for all of our events. Sign up for our newsletter or RSVP to the event to make sure you don’t miss out on any of the bookish goodness we have to offer. Plus, you can read more about our participating Sci Fi authors and their Top 5 favorites in Sci-Fi before CyCon starts. Visit the blog hop page any time leading up to CyCon for the latest posts and your chance to enter our MEGA giveaway (open May 10).