Looking Back on 2019
Looking Forward into 2020
I can’t believe I haven’t posted anything in almost six weeks. It’s been a little weird to be honest.
But I’ve been far from idle.
- I completed three new “Story Time” episodes, which I’ll be posting here in the next couple of weeks.
- I completed NaNoWriMo way ahead of my word count goal, and a considerable way into writing “Of Wolves & Men“.
- The online store just launched a couple of days ago, and will be offering all kinds of goodies. Many of these will feature original artworks created by myself.
- I’ve also been working hard on the Fantasy & Sci-Fi Readers Lounge and their website. I might even be bringing some of the features from that site over here in the future.
Looking Back On 2019
It’s not very often that I look back on events that have happened with mixed feelings. But this year has been full of successes and issues that have made a difference in my life.
- Built two websites with very different styles and purposes, and learned a lot about site maintenance
- Organized and ran OWSCyCon2019, which brought readers and authors together for a weekend of book fun and events
- Took part in several interviews & podcasts as a writer
- Started taking part in a weekly fun run/walk in my local area
- Celebrated 14 years of marriage to my amazing wife (and fellow writer), Sandi
- Recorded 49 “Story Time” readings
- Got back into creating 3D artwork again, thanks to discovering some new tools
- Opened an online store, with more products to come
- Awesome number of new followers on my YouTube, Pinterest and YourListen accounts
- Invited to join the admin team at the Fantasy & Sci-Fi Readers Lounge on Facebook
- Managed to pull off my third annual “31 Days of Halloween” blog event, without missing a single day!
- Launched several author services, thanks to the feedback from the “Story Time” recordings
- Completed NaNoWriMo 9 days ahead of schedule, and reached over 66,000 words written (with several personal bests)
- Ongoing issues with my asthma made work life difficult thanks to massive road-work projects and forest fires in my area during the summer
- Lost a lot of hours at my retail job due to scheduling changes & health issues
- Ended the year with some pretty serious debts from medical bills
- Didn’t do as much writing as I’d hoped to do
- Wasn’t consistent with using my planned themes for my blog posting
- Wasn’t consistent with building my newsletter, or sending posts out to members
Looking Ahead to 2020
So, 2019 was a real mixed bag, but we’re rolling into not only a new year, but a new decade. And that means looking foward instead of back.
Here’s what I have planned:
- Continuing to add new items to the online store
- Starting a second job (if I get it) to help clear my debts, and maybe even get ahead of the bills
- Reducing my blog posting to once or twice per week, to concentrate on writing
- Finish writing “Of Wolves & Men”, and get into published so I can start work on editing the next novel in the series (alongside my wife)
- Build on my mailing list, so that I can bring my followers news of new book releases, special offers, and even exclusive discounts on my store prices.
- Work on improving my health
- Continue working with the admin team at the Fantasy & Sci-Fi Readers Lounge (& associated groups)
Share This Post With A Friend
It's Feedback Time!!!
- What were your successes and issues for 2019?
- How did you celebrate the New Year?
- What are your plans for 2020?
- What do you wish to see happen this decade?
Feel free to share in the comments.