Please Buy My BooksFrom Authorized Sites!
SCAM ALERT: Please do not buy my books from Bookinistika. It is very likely a scam!
There is a book site called Bookinistika that is APPARENTLY selling books I have published, or appeared in.
The site went offline for a while last night, but is back up this morning.
However many authors who issued copyright infringement notices are reporting that their books have been removed, mine included.
What I Haven't Done!
- I have NOT given them permission to sell my books.
- I have NOT given them permission to charge more than I have them priced at through legitimate ebook stores that I have published through.
- I have NOT been approached by Bookinistika with respect to selling my books.
What I Have Done!
- I HAVE issued a Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) copyright infringement notification to the company that hosts the site.
- I WILL do the same to every site I find that does not have permission to sell my books.
- I HAVE subscribed to several scam alert sites, so I can stay informed if anyone else uses my books without permission.
How To Avoid Being Scammed When Buying My Books
If you are interested in buying any of my stories, the following online stores ARE authorized to sell my books:
Smashwords, Amazon, Nook, Barnes & Noble, Kobo, Apple Books (iTunes/iBooks), and other retailers in the Smashwords eBook distribution network.
Check out these pages for the legitimate sites for the Shadows Over Seattle stories:
Share This Post With A Friend
I'd Like To Ask A Favor!
This is only one of many sites that claims to be selling the work of authors, but has not been authorized to do so.
If you come across a site that is ‘selling’ my books, but isn’t listed under the sites listed above, please let me know.
- Email me at: email@example.com
- Please include the words “Copyright Infringement” in the subject line, along with the book title.
- In the email text, please provide the link to the page where you found my book.
Once I’ve looked into the information provided, if appropiate, I’ll issue a DMCA to the site in question.
I’ll find a way to show my gratitude.