A Covid-19 Action Plan
In light of recent events, I’ve found it necessary to consider what actions I would have to take if I became exposed to Covid-19.
Anyone who’s followed my blog for any length of time knows that I rarely comment on politics, or current events.
I refrain from commenting – either because:
- I’m not as informed as some people
- I don’t feel that I would add anything meaningful to the discussion, or
- There’s a risk of alienating people who’s views might differ from my own
With All That Said...
I feel that I should weigh in on the Covid-19 situation, for a couple of reasons:
- A lot of people are going to be spending more time at home than at work or school
- I’m almost guaranteed to be working through the duration of the situation (unless I have to self-quarantine).
- The amount of writing I’m able to do has been affected, because of my working situation!
Why I Feel I Should Comment
- I hold down two jobs (in addition to writing, blogging, helping to run several online groups, and creating items for sale)
- You can find me still cashiering at my local Fred Meyer (Kroger) store
- When I’m not doing that I’m merchandising product at another Fred Meyer store a few miles away from home
- Both of these jobs have been designated as essential support jobs during this ongoing situation
- I’m in an area of the country where certain businesses have had to make major changes to their operating hours and services
My Writing Has Been Affected,
But I Haven't!
Because of changes being made at stores & local businesses, I’ve been working an increasing number of hours.
By the end of the month my scheduled cashier hours will have almost doubled! Between working two jobs, sick-calls, people leaving for other jobs, and the self-quarantine guidelines, I’ll be working (at least) the next two weeks without a single day off.
This is putting a lot of strain on my writing time, and I’ll be updating my project timelines as needed. Keep checking the sidebar for updated schedules.
Share This Post With A Friend
How Am I Avoiding Covid-19?
Since I can’t stay home, because I have a duty to shoppers at both stores, I plan to do the following:
- Maintain the ‘social distance’ recommended by the CDC
- Wear gloves to handle cash and product (as much as possible)
- Maintain a clean and sanitized work environment as much as possible
- Ensure I’m following aggressive hand-washing procedures
- Call out sick at the first sign of potential Covid-19 symptoms (because I’m asthmatic, which puts me in a high-risk group), and seek medical advice ASAP
How Can You Survive Quarantine?
If you find yourselves stuck at home, because of quarantine, job shutdowns, or having to care for family members, I recommend the following:
- Sign up for my newsletter, and get book recommendations and updates on my work (sent out on the 15th of every month)
- Check your email for a welcome email from me, which will have a link to your free copy of “Under A Hunter’s Moon”
- Make sure you add my newsletter’s email address to your approved senders list
- Join the Fantasy & Science Fiction Readers Lounge and become part of a very friendly group of book-lovers, who love reading reviews and sharing book recommendations
- Stock up on books, and book related products, to help keep you sane through everything
- And finally…
Mark The Event With A T-Shirt
This heavy cotton tee has the classic cotton look and feel. Casual elegance will make it an instant favorite in every wardrobe.
- 13 colors, sizes (S – 5XL) – Runs true to size
- Classic fit, 100% Cotton (fibre content may vary for different colors)
- Light fabric (5.3 oz/yd² (180 g/m²))
- No side seams, ribbed knit collar without seam, taped shoulders
- Tear away label