Book Spotlight Application
Book SpotlightGet Your Book Featured @ TimothyBatesonAuthor.com
Blog Slot Highlighting Your Book
Show Off Your Cover Cover & Blurb
Sales Links To All Formats & Major Sales Sites
About The Author & Links
Great For New Releases Or Sales
What Is A Book Spotlight?
- A “Book Spotlight” is your chance to get your book in front of potential readers.
- The post format allows readers to learn about your book, and where they can pick up their copies.
- You also get a brief author profile, with author image and links to your website, newsletter, social media, and a donation/funding page of your choice.
- As much as possible, I’ll try to schedule “Book Spotlight”s to coincide with any events you are taking part in, but will contact you by email to discuss this part of the process.
- See below for details of the process, and the terms and conditions of this service.
The Book Spotlight Process
Submitting A Request
- All requests for book spotlights, plus images, should be submitted through the Book Spotlight Request Form.
- This form is hosted by Airtable.com. Please fill out the form in full before submitting, because you will not have the opportunity to edit, or add to the information later.
Requesting A Specific Date For The Post
- Requests for a specific posting date will be considered on a case-by-case basis, and in the order received.
- Make sure you note the date you wish in the “Additional Notes” field when filling out the form.
- The blogger prefers to have a single posting on any given date (except for specific events).
- If your requested date would coincide with an existing scheduled post, you will be contacted at the email provided to discuss an alternative posting date.
- If no specific date (or date range) is requested, then Timothy Bateson will schedule the live date at his discretion.
- Book Spotlights are created using a template, which allows for a book cover, blurb, genre list, sales links, author image, author profile, and links to the author’s sites.
- Variations on this format will be considered for special promotions, new releases, and books that are part of a series.
- If you would like to have additional images, or promotion information included, be sure to include the details in the “Additional Notes”. Also upload any additional images you would like included in the “Additional Images” field.
- Once the post has been created, you will receive an email to confirm the release date, posting time, and link to the post.
Posting & Promotion
- All blog posts will be scheduled ahead of the release date, and usually go out at 8 am EST.
- At least one Facebook and one Twitter post will be created and scheduled to promote the post.
- Promotion at other sites and times is at Timothy Bateson’s discretion. Such additional promotion will likely occur during themed events.
The Book Spotlight Request Form
Terms & Conditions
Acceptance of requests
- All requests for a Book Spotlight will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- If the Book Spotlight is to appear on this site then it must be categorized in the Fantasy, Science Fiction, or Urban Fantasy genres, or a related sub-genre.
- During certain events (example: 31 Days of Halloween), books may be considered from outside these key genres.
- Any time after the post is live, the author may request that Timothy Bateson take-down that post.
- All take-down requests must be made by email, to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Once received, Timothy Bateson will make all reasonable effort to remove the post from the blog.
- Any issues with complying with the take-down request will be communicated to the author by email.